The Democracy Program supports a broad array of initiatives intended to strengthen the foundations of democracy and good governance.
We support programs that promote a just, inclusive, sustainable society and advance the cause of full participation by all races, genders, and underserved populations through support of movement-led organizations.
- ending partisan or racial gerrymandering
- overturning Citizens United
- expanding ballot access
- ridding elections of dark money
- holding government officials accountable for corrupt and unethical practices
- pushing reforms at local, state, and federal levels
- promoting progressive legislative agendas
- supporting a diverse field of emerging young leaders to help forge a truly inclusive and representative society
Submit a Proposal
Prior to submitting a proposal, prospective applicants should contact the Foundation to determine appropriate fit. Please be prepared to provide information regarding content and treatment, distribution, outreach, budget, funding sources (and fiscal sponsorship as appropriate).